This wind kit will give you an accurate representation of the potential of your site for a small scale wind turbine. It includes one of the best wind speed and direction sensors (for its price!) you can buy today.
The new WindTracker wind speed and direction kit comes with all you need to start measuring accurately the potential of your new site. It does even come with the accessories to attach the anemometer to a pole. You will need to source your own small wind mast, we have seen amateur radio masts (10 and 15 meters) used for this and they work great. Alternatively, you can always use a scaffold pole (make sure you have proper cable guys in place)
You will receive with this kit:
• Quick guide installation
• Industrial grade batteries and Industrial grade microSD card.
If you need more technical specifications about the new WindLogger
and sensors, just follow the links above. For generic F.A.Q, click here.
Download quick installation guide here and for more information see F.A.Q. WindTracker and videos on how to use it.
- Please note that there's a previous version of the WindTracker which we have limited stock only.
- WindTracker microSD card memory storage: Files in standard text format, archived into a single file. (Records total average wind speed, frequency distribution and wind rose)
- One anemometer and wind vane input: Measure wind speed and direction at the same time - Supports dry contact switch, hall effect switch or TTL level signal Wind direction input - Potentiometer type wind direction sensor - 16 bins wind direction (1 analogue input)
- Extremely Energy efficient: 2 x C type industrial grade alkaline batteries 1.5v - Up to 11 years of battery life (without memory card)
- Mechanical information: OTR: -40*C to + 70*C (check with us first for extreme weather applications)
- Sealed IP65 enclosure with cable gland for sensor wires
- Dimensions: 160x80x55mm
- Weight: 450gm including batteries
- Designed and assembled in Scotland